Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Interstellar love supreme

If beating heart no limit knows
And beat succeeds to beat
What is there to suppose
That love will never keep?
Amid countless galaxies cast
Many worlds may be
Within each a flame; a beating heart
A love for eternity

Just think! A single beat or so
For each world that gleams
Like shards of light to and fro:
‘Interstellar love supreme!’
Such thoughts intoxicate my mind
Like a fiery pendulum it swings
For within my hollow chest I find
A heart with gossamer wings!

So on gentle wings a-float
Tableaux of textured dreams
Wafting in a sea of hope
Such delicate threads we weave
Ancient memories pierce my eyes
A million needles a piece
With tears of joy I fly by
On gossamer wings of ease

For look! To Outer-Space at last
Mind boggle at impossible things
Soaring away like a lofty dart
My heart on solar wings!
Now my eyes will have to see
And my brain will understand
That life’s mystery might be
Solved by gossamer wings that can!