Sunday, April 15, 2007

The funkiest place in town

Current location : Guatemala city
Flew back to Guatemala city today from Flores after having crossed the border from Belize by road. Because I've been roughing it since this trip began, and as a reward for all the crummy and smutty places I've been staying in, I decided to end my stay in Guatemala in style by checking in to the coolest and funkiest place in town. So here I am in 'Otelito' (aka hotel casa santa clara)- gorgeous wooden floors, stylish but understated decor, coffee coloured walls, personalised service, obsessive attention to detail, wicked bar, free internet, free complmementary drink at the bar, free drink at check-in for god's sake(!), gorgeous food, stylish people...this place is awesome. I love it.
Hasta la-vista amigoes...