Sunday, July 12, 2009

The Pilgrim

Photobucket


'On the edge of the desert; in the gap between sun and iris, I fell through. She caught me between wing-tips and then she said to me (in an almost whisper): 'Go fly'. So I flew. I miss her always'

(A poet)


Photobucket


'Call me Ishmael. Some years ago - never mind how long precisely - having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the world...and I saw, what many men have dreamed they saw'

(Moby-Dick or, The Whale)



Photobucket


'You find no man, at all intellectual, who is willing to leave London. No Sir, when a man is tired of London he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford'

(Samuel Johnson)



Photobucket

'
When the pilgrim is done with travelling; when he returns home from his voyagings with staff in hand and soles toughened; he realises that he has travelled no great distance at all - merely from himself to himself'

(Wasim Shafi - Filosopher, Fotografer, Professeur, Accountant, Pilgrim)


______