Thursday, May 20, 2010

Waiting for the sunrise


What is going on here?
what is the 'hurt' they profess to feel?
once again, it's easy to stir them up
they're like toys you wind up
and watch them go!

...boy, just - watch - them - go.

but it's not a small thing
they'll kill - these wind-up toys
it's always ban! ban! ban!
obsessed with banning stuff!
that's a negative, right?
what about building stuff up
adding something? Not always wanting to
take away?

why do I feel so strongly about them?

because within this exterior dwells an iconoclast
I see dreams of freeing the world of this senseless
tyranny

and what happened to me as a child - only he can know that

I was made in the crucible of childhood
tyranny.
that's where I was forged
and like marble
my striations run deep
And deeper
than those of my
brothers and sisters


It is he.
He who binds himself a joy -
does the winged life destroy.
But he who kisses the joy as it flies -
doth live in eternities sunrise.



_________