Sunday, March 13, 2011

Some images from Friday night...Location: French restaurant called 'La Ratatouille' off Baker Street


You may need to adjust your computers resolution settings to see these properly as the images are quite large and, as I use an apple Macbook 17inch - it's ok for me, but may not be for you!

All images taken with a Canon S95 point and shoot camera. All images taken at ISO 3200 and f2 aperture (more or less). No flash. The restaurant was dark and yet I managed to use no flash and still get decent images. How? The ISO was turned right up to 3200. Result? Original colour images straight from camera display considerable noise. Images have required a bit of processing in Photoshop and I've utilised the natural grain inherent in them to give me a more 'filmy' look. Also, I've converted most of the images to black and white as the graininess then works to my advantage.

The Canon S95 is probably one of the best 'pocketable' cameras on the market right now. By pocketable I mean it fits into your trouser pocket no sweat. But you must know its limitations and learn how to work around them or within them.




Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket