Friday, March 13, 2009

Bipolar man and the girl

I have begun to get used to the bipolar man inside me, or is he sitting beside me? Nope, he's not sitting beside me - he is hanging from that aeroplane in the fluffy clouds. What is he doing up there? I must have a word with him sometime. He is getting rather tiresome with his stunts. The other night I was in Tescos' buying my dinner, when bipolar man decides to show up and then proceeds to chat up this girl. It was wholly inappropriate. She was bent over some cheeses and he, bipolar man, was bent over too. Bent over at his knees that is; they had turned to flour. I, being highly focused and a model bachelor, wanted to get back home, cook my dinner and get on with my work, but he! - he, that rascally fellow, had begun to wriggle his way into; or shall we say 'charm' his way into, the aforementioned ladies brain. I must admit she had a beautiful brain and beautiful frame. Frames and brains don't usually go hand in hand but this was an exceptionally rare creature.

It appeared to me, as an external observer of the 'chatting up' proceedings, that said lady was indeed smitten by bipolar man's helplessly attractive sphynx like goofyness and of course his chronically skewered sense of normality. So watching him I decided I'd call it a truce between us. Why fight Mephisto when you can join him? - 'brothers in arms' as they say. Yes, we shall sit together and wrought out our gentleman's agreement. He is Me as much as I am Him. Bottom line: We need to carve out each others territories; niches. Where 'I' reign and where 'He' belongs - though 'I' and 'He' are mutable and flux like concepts here. But it must be done.

So what happened with the girl?

What? - Oh, yes, she's coming round over the weekend. For 'dinner'. That reminds me I must pop into Tescos', and this time, I'm leaving bipolar man at home lest he do more damage to the tranquility of my life. Or is it his life?

____