Monday, October 15, 2007

Coming soon...Travelogue of my trip to 'Knob World'

The grey morning peered through my bedroom window, took a look around, grumbled and then sat itself on my eye-lids. They fluttered open; muttering in the light and then shook my consciousness awake. My consciousness was not very happy about this as it was engaged in a softly-cushiony dream involving an evil lord of the dark, a beautiful princess called (obviously) 'Ashanti', and a heroic figure commandeering an army of knobs. My lips uttered blasphemy when the dream dissolved away: it was the best moment of the dream too; the knobs had triumphed and I, as their heroic leader, was about to ravish my prize, Ashanti, behind the cranberry bushes...

My disapointment snapped like an elastic eel when I realised that today was Sunday the 14th and what a momentious day too! For I would be meeting with 'K3' in the Horse and Hound Ale House and hopefully hitching a ride back to Andromeda. I jumped out of bed without a glance at the clock. One can't waste such a precious commodity as 'time' in bed. Action! Action! Action! - I ran to the shower and realised I was still wearing my socks from last night. I'd forgotten to take them off in anticipation of the morning to come; but the wine too was partly to blame...

'What shall I wear today?' was the main thought running through my mind as I scrubbed my teeth. I find that the 3 minutes I spend brushing my teeth are the most productive of the whole day as far as new ideas are concerned. I have stumbled upon some of my most revolutionary and brilliant thoughts whilst scrubbing my molars and today would be no exception: I'm wearing my funky poet blazer, a little scarf, my pointy black shoes and my brown semi-denim trousers (straight cut). I must admit all this Sartorial stuff has the singular affect of making me look like an intellectual giant and alludes to the sex bomb underneath...Poet extraordinaire, expert in headphone design and founder of the earthly incarnation of the Knob Club.

The message from the Radio Telescope was also nagging me in the background like a partly digested meal: 'spantaneous knob awareness' and only the '2nd known sponataneous knob awareness ever' - what did it all mean? I knew K3 would have some answers for me. What shall I pack in my satchel? After all I am going to the Andromeda Galaxy today...